Saturday, July 21, 2012

maybe we'd ascend together || weeks two and three

no. 2
we are kin.
as often as i can, i try to tell a story with my photography.
whether it be written word or 
just letting the photo talk for me, i want whoever stumbles upon 
my work to get to know a part of me.
sometimes the words don't come, but when they 
do, i scribble them down as quickly as i can.

above are weeks two and three, and here 
is the piece i wrote for week two:

"i've always loved to lie down in the 
grass at the sunrise with the morning dew tickling my bare 
toes and the light flickering in my eyes. the sun would be 
dancing on the horizon, teasing me as to when it'd finally ascend 
to its peak. and i've often wondered what it would 
be like, darling, if the grass was the bed and the dew was the cold 
air, and you were my horizon. and maybe we'd ascend together."


happy saturday. 
xx
{pea ess: doing some branding for this site. major changes coming in the future! excited.}

9 comments:

  1. both of these are gorgeous! the light in the first one? swoon.
    And I'm super excited for the branding + changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that first one..... gah! i love it :)

    abbie /// xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally love this entire post. beautiful. gah. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I can't take how beautiful these shots are! I love everything about this post. You'll have to give me some pointers on how to take pictures like these!

    By the way, I'm really excited to see what you have coming up for this site! So I'm your new follower :)

    Love & Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa. my. gosh! that first picture is uh-mazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photography skills girl. love it :)
    Interesting blog, I really enjoyed browsing it :)

    Oh it's Juno

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are beautiful. And I love the words that you wrote along with them. What you said about someone looking at your work and getting to know a part of you? I love that and I fele much the same way. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the first picture. Like woah. It's awesome. Being able to tell a story with photos is the best thing in the entire world. It's hard sometimes but I love it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you oh so much for taking a look at this blog!! i would LOVE for you to leave a comment. please? pretty please with cupcakes and bubbles on top? yay! i'm happy now :))