Saturday, August 18, 2012

mirror, mirror || week eight.

katy.
i remember when i saw anne of green gables for the 
first time. in the first part, she often talked to her 
friend in the mirror. she talked to her reflection. her name was katy, 
and anne often wondered what it was like to be katy. 
to be free to roam the world, 
and yet be loyal enough to greet 
anne every time she stepped in front of the looking glass, or a window. 
like anne, i often wonder what it's like for 
the person i see looking at me in the mirror. i wonder what their story is. 

xx.

5 comments:

  1. Really nicely written ;)

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, and I love it! Don't be surprised if I end up commenting on things that you posted a while back.

    When I first read Anne of Green Gables (and when I saw it) my favorite parts were always when she talked to Katy Bell in the mirror. You captured that beautifully in your photography and in the words.
    Glad I found your blog!
    -Hannah V

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. I hope you will stop by mine. http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com/ . It is called Living Fully By Faith.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words cannot express my love for doe-eyed Anne Shirley. She is a dear.
    I love the photo + words. Raw emotion.

    ReplyDelete

thank you oh so much for taking a look at this blog!! i would LOVE for you to leave a comment. please? pretty please with cupcakes and bubbles on top? yay! i'm happy now :))